Webley Patriot Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

RLC's review of Webley Patriot

“I ordered my Webley Patriot rifle from Cabela's about...”

Written on: 02/04/2006 by RLC (2 reviews written)

Very powerful, very good accuracy, it's heavy- steady for offhand shooting, excellent workmanship, very sturdy construction.

It's heavy- not conducive to hauling around in the field all day. Eat your Wheaties before cocking this rifle.

General Comments
I ordered my Webley Patriot rifle from Cabela's about five years ago because I was impressed with the velocity figures. I bought it in .177 caliber. I was shocked when I received it because of it's size and weight (my last air rifle was a very old Benjamin in .177). It also takes a while to get used to the noise (almost as much as a .22 rimfire) and the recoil (more than a rimfire). I put a BSA 2-7x scope on it (bad choice, this is the worst scope I've ever looked through). The gun is pretty accurate with the right pellets; off a benchrest, I've gotten 5-shot groups with Gamo Hunter pellets of less than a half inch at 25 yards. On the other hand, I can't keep Gamo Masterpoint pellets under 2 1/2 inches. The reviews are right about letting the gun freely recoil. I get much better groups by letting the rifle slide back easily rather than trying to hold it down at the fore-end. Certainly this rifle isn't as powerful as larger calibers are, but it will kill anything other than coyotes that I don't want in my yard. I'd recommend it.

• Accuracy