NAD C740 Review

From 1 review
  • Sound Quality

PAT STRATTON's review of NAD C740

“Before you buy a run-of-the-mill stereo receiver, take...”

Written on: 09/03/2006 by PAT STRATTON (7 reviews written)

Beautiful stereo sound
Tone defeat feature
Nad build quality
35 watts high current power (sounds like 100 watts)
There is even a soft clip feature (on/off) to protect your speakers

None as of yet

General Comments
Before you buy a run-of-the-mill stereo receiver, take a good look at the NAD C740. A lot of experts consider Nad the first step for your first audiophile system. The quality is immediately evident, as are the weight, fit and finish etc., but the sound will blow you away.

In my home I already have a surround sound system of above average quality, but I needed a proper stereo system. When listening to music, the surround system just doesn't work. I have never had a violin playing to my rear left and a piano on my rear right with drum and horns up front. It's unnatural when replicating a live performance.

The stereo separation and clarity of Nad is unrivaled for the price. The receiver will automatically adjust for whatever ohm speaker you use (brilliant). I personally use Monitor Audio. Unless you want to spend a great deal of money, the C740 should fit your needs surprisingly well. Trust me! At first I was skeptical, but after 1 year it was a very wise choice. You can also build on it with amplifiers, as it has pre in and outs.

• Sound Quality