Meedhupparu Beach Bungalow Review

degbert's review of Meedhupparu Beach Bungalow

“The charter trip and the waiting for the sea plane was...”

Written on: 28/02/2006 by degbert (120 reviews written)

Enough room for everyone, lots of space, impeccable service, friendly, even the rain was nice and warm when it turned up...

The food was generally very good but not always fantastic

General Comments
The charter trip and the waiting for the sea plane was an inauspicious start, but the sea plane ride - those views! - and hopping onto the beach sooned cheered the day up. The weather was perfect, the sea an impossible aquamarine, the views terrific, the gardens well maintained, and the Meedhupparu Beach Bungalow staff very, very courteous.

The food was generally very good, but if you want better I recommend the fine dining at least once - worth every penny of the quite reasonable price. Even the wine was a decent Chablis (it came nearly as far as we did).

The accom' was also pretty first rate, though the outside bathroom thing was a little odd at first (and with no aircon you didn't want to spend long in there), but you got used to it.

The fact that we had our own pathway to the beach, which was largely empty, was the real clincher. Unforgettable and unquestionably the best destination for the holiday of its type. And this is from someone who doesn't dive.

Difficult to envisage how on earth I will ever holiday anywhere now.

Degbert's Response to degbert's Review

Written on: 05/06/2006

Of course what I meant to say in my final sentence was "Difficult to envisage how on earth I will ever holiday anywhere ELSE now.". I'm sure you all realised.

Degbert's Response to degbert's Review

Written on: 26/07/2006

Very strange. Dawn, I was in Kuredu in 2006 myself, having been to Meedhupparu in 2005. I'd put Kuredu slightly better because of the facilities but there's not much in it. There are more people on Kuredu so it sort of depends what's important to you. - degbert

248944_Dawn Ridler's Response to degbert's Review

Written on: 27/06/2006

Having spent 2005 on Kuredu Island and this being our first experience of the Maldives, I was so thrilled with everything Kuredu offered I was very dubious in booking to another island. Thanks degbert for your comments this has now re-assured me that I will equally have a fantastic time on Meedhuparau Island in March 2007 for my 25th Anniversary with friends.