Dolcis Review

1.6
  • Quality of service

• Layout of shop

pr86's review of Dolcis

“I bought a pair of suede effect boots from Dolcis for...”

written by pr86 on 20/02/2006

Chep and cheerful

Extremely poor quality merchandise and terrible returns policy

General Comments
I bought a pair of suede effect boots from Dolcis for what I thought was a reasonable price. However after two weeks of normal wear (about 3-4 days per week) the heels had worn down to the metal part and the toes had started to fray. I took the boots back with the receipt hoping that I would at least be able to get them repaired or replaced however I was told that I was not entitled to anything as there is no guarentee as to how long a pair of boots should last and that I should have got them repaired as soon as the heel began to wear away. They did not agree that a pair of boots costing £40 should not need to be repaired after 2 weeks and if they do need repairing so quickly that they are not fit for the purpose they were intended for i.e. walking in them. I will never buy anything from Dolcis again and I encourage anyone wanting to purchase from them to think twice as if any faults occur you will be very lucky to get Dolcis to take any responsibility for the problem.

• £40

• Layout of shop