Fuji Finepix 50i Review

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

BBlack's review of Fuji Finepix 50i

“I bought my Fuji Finepix 50i digital camera on an...”

Written on: 27/01/2006 by BBlack (1 review written)

Compact Size
Octagonal Pixels work great
Versatile
Quick save time between pictures
Lots of options
The battery lasts a while, unless you're always using display

I love this camera except for one thing. I too have had the problem of the camera not turning off, so I have to remove the battery. Also associated with this is the funky colors that some times happens. I am lucky to have family in Nagoya Japan where the 50i repair facility is. I have had to take the camera back 3 times. Each time it does the same thing. The first two times the camera was already out of warranty, yet it cost me nothing to get repaired. That's good Japanese customer service. The Last time, in January of 2006 it cost me 1000yen - that's about 100 US Dollars. It is the main chip that comes loose quite easily. I am bummed this happens so easily; besides this problem the camera is great. But chip replacement is not cheap, and if I didn't have family near the repair facility, I would have bought a new camera that I could get serviced locally, or at least in the country. I still love Fuji products.

General Comments
I bought my Fuji Finepix 50i digital camera on an American Base Exchange in Bosnia in 2001. I love it except for the same problem of not turning off and strange colors.

It's a good system, unfortunately coupled with a fragile main chipset.

• Battery Life