Pentax LX Review

• Photograph Quality

Steve Andrews's review of Pentax LX

“I collect Pentax cameras, however I use my old school...”

Written on: 13/12/2005 by Steve Andrews (4 reviews written)

Bullet proof build quality, hates calling at the battery shop, Vast lens range, both Pentax and other good makes (some bad ones too). Plenty of accessories out there if you look. The instruction manual can be downloaded for free from Pentax UK's web site. Smooth as silk, a joy to use.

None that can't be sorted out with a good overhaul.

General Comments
I collect Pentax cameras, however I use my old school Canon A series gear as my main kit, or I did until I got hold of an LX. It looks like nothing special until you start to use it, then you find out that this camera really is something else. You can trust this camera, even at its age, with the best film and the most important occasions. It allows you to take control of your image making, and yet has the safety net of reliable mechanics and metering. This camera will still be turning out good results long after newer cameras have died. If you buy an LX, your only worry will be the availability of 135mm film in the year 2080!

• Over 1 Year

Time Camera Owned