Quake IV Review

• Addiction Level

• Graphics

Daw's review of Quake IV

“I think Quake IV could have been done better, but then...”

Written on: 06/12/2005 by Daw (3 reviews written)

The story was relative and wasn't boring. I found I cared what happened in the end.
Blowing stuff up never gets old.

You require quite a good computer to run this game with everything on, let alone with it on low.
It's Doom3 skinned.
I am disappointed with it overall.

General Comments
I think Quake IV could have been done better, but then Id software has been rushed lately, with the Quake Genre meant to be heading up against Unreal tournament, and Doom3 pinned against Half-life 2 there hasn't really been much breathing room for them, but none-the-less people would've waited until they could have made the game better, as with Doom3 it came out with some bugs, some of which I manage to find in all games, but it was enjoyable enough to go without sleep for 2 days to complete.

3 days of my life used to combat the forces of the "Srog", and I don't think it was a waste at all. If you're a hardcore first person shooter junkie you should already have this game and have finished it, if not I wouldn't put it high on your to get list, unless you want to really push your computer to its limits and be ready to break down in tears when your computer fails to impress you.

• Graphics