Smile Mini Cash ISA Review

ben2358's review of Smile Mini Cash ISA

“I've had a Smile Mini Cash ISA for a few years now and...”

Written on: 28/10/2005 by ben2358 (1 review written)

Tax free savings

Major administration problems and poor over-the-phone customer service

General Comments
I've had a Smile Mini Cash ISA for a few years now and never had any problems. That is until two weeks ago when I received a letter form Smile confirming that they had closed my account.

I immediately called them to find out what was happening and was informed that my account had accidentally been closed due to an administration error.

Two days later my account still hadn't been reactivated so I called them again and found out a little more.

Apparently they not only closed my cash ISA account but also transferred my money to someone else. And to top it all they said that they needed to wait for the receiver of my money to return from holiday so that they can start proceedings to retrieve my money.

Surely you would think that they would debit my account immediately following their mistake, and chase up the missing money themselves but no. They've said that I should have my money back within a couple of weeks and that's all they can do for now.

I have started complaint proceedings and I'm still waiting for my money.