MTM Special Ops Black Hawk Review

iansimon's review of MTM Special Ops Black Hawk

“The Special Ops watch comes in either Silver (Thunder...”

Written on: 25/10/2005 by iansimon (1 review written)

I have just purchased a Black Hawk Special Ops watch, and I am impressed with the quality and finish of the watch. From purchasing it off the web I realised it had two different light modes, but I didn't realise the brightness of the light it emitted. I like the fact this watch will be worn by Jack Bauer in 24.

The metal strap is of such quality it actually makes the watch quite heavy, and I think that an additional strap should be provided for free (not £15) so that I can swap them over when I need to.

General Comments
The Special Ops watch comes in either Silver (Thunder Hawk) or Black (Black Hawk), and is used by the special forces (SWAT, and Navy Seals etc.) in the US. I believe it is relatively new in the UK, and compared to some of the other military watches I have had in the past, it is unparallelled in terms of its build quality.

The major difference between the Special Ops Watch and any other watch I have seen, are the light modes on the face of the watch. The brightness of the light takes you by surprise, and will be extremely useful to me whilst camping and late night fishing.

I would have liked to have had the choice of a chrono, but overall it is an excellent watch.