Creative Zen Touch 20GB Review

• Sound Quality

• Battery Life

clackman's review of Creative Zen Touch 20GB

“I bought my Creative Zen Touch MP3 player over the...”

Written on: 11/10/2005 by clackman (1 review written)

Battery life is great. Ability to handle most file types. Remote Control. Shuffle Button.

Its BIG. Its HEAVY. Touch Pad is awkward. Remote Control has to be bought separately, and only displays track information, not artist. Supplied Head Phones are not great.

General Comments
I bought my Creative Zen Touch MP3 player over the internet about a year ago to replace my finally redundant MiniDisc player.

Finding it a pain to constantly retrieve the player from my pocket to change volumes/tracks etc, I bought the optional remote control. Sadly this appears to only be available from the Creative website, who would only ship to my home address and not work, giving rise to hassles thereof. It's also disappointing that it doesn't display the artist's name as well as the track name being played. I could live with it costing a lot less and not having the FM radio in it. It's a nice touch, but hardly ever gets used. To add insult to injury, I'm now getting a nasty crackle where the wire in the cable has broken inside the coating. Not what I expect from a piece of kit costing over £40.

Whilst being initially pleased with the player itself, I wasn't overly impressed with the sound, finding it somewhat harsh. However I seem to have gotten used to it. The headphones supplied are rubbish though. Too large, and again not great quality.

Depending on the size of your music collection, I'm not sure 20GB is enough these days. I've nearly filled mine and don't really want to delete any of the songs uploaded. This isn't an issue exclusive to the Zen though.

Overall, I still think it was a better purchase than my friends iPod, even if it isn't as nice to use.

• Sound Quality