Skoda Octavia RS Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

jat3771's review of Skoda Octavia RS

“I have owned my Skoda Octavia RS for 2 years now and...”

Written on: 19/09/2005 by jat3771 (3 reviews written)

Front tyres wear down very fast. Rubbish looking (VW)stereo, change right away, nice sound though.

General Comments
I have owned my Skoda Octavia RS for 2 years now and was impressed from day 1 with the overall performance. After driving it for 12 months I wanted more from it, so decided on a radical tune. I am not 1 for free avertising so won't say who tuned my Vrs. As would expect, the performance is stupid.

For those tech freaks wanting to know exactly what has been done, and performance read on.

Power was taken from the standard 180bhp to 265bhp and a massively increase of torque to 315.

0-62 (100kmh) is only an estimate from racing, the following: New BMW M3, Honda S2000 both around 5.4secs. (very close). Subaru's! please! no problem. Boxster S annialated. So estimate 0-62 about 5.5 - 6 secs.

Top end. Off the clock. 160mph on clock.

Parts:

K04 turbo upgrade

Full Miltech system with cat-back

Carbonio performance air filter (sounds amazing)

Performance Aluminium dump-valve

High-flow down pipe

Other upgraded piping for better breathing

• 2001

• Practicality

• Reliability

Jazzrs360's Response to jat3771's Review

Written on: 19/01/2006

I'm interested in modding my Octavia RS and judging by what you've said, it may just be worth it! I wonder how the Porsche owner must have felt once he was throttled by a Skoda...