Christina Aguilera, Stripped Review

boberta's review of Christina Aguilera, Stripped

“Christina Aguilera has done so much to make anyone...”

Written on: 18/09/2005 by boberta (1 review written)

Like the Rolling Stones review said ... it's an album sort of for grown up people. Her voice. Her voice and, despite her publicly moronic expression of rebellion making you think she's nearly retarded, an amazing ability to use it.

Trying to explain to someone that might catch me listening to this album that I really didn't want to like it ....

General Comments
Christina Aguilera has done so much to make anyone with an IQ want to dismiss her. I mean ... a really amazing amount. I'm all for young attractive women deciding to rebel by being overtly sexual but for god's sake when you have this weapon of a voice why not try to figure out a way that would be more focus to that? I mean ... she can sing. I feel embarassed for myself that I let the comparisons to idiots like britney with bush league voices keep from noticing that she can sing! Not American Idol 'hit as many high notes in a song as I can possibly figure out how to fit in' kinda singing. But .... textured .... delicate ... power. I don't even know if I like the songs. I'll figure that out later. All I know is this girl that I had absolute disdain for based on my impression of her from the limited interviews I've seen (not a real celebrity access junky) can sing. Seriously sing. After I've listened to the album a few more times and maybe begun to get to the point where I can focus on something more than the voice and her use of it I'll come back and review the actual songs. But anyone .... ANYONE ... that can listen to Stripped .. do me in the butt ... whatever the stupid over the top themed title is ... and not hear that voice ... is just sad.