Philips 650 Review

• Battery Life

• Reception

• Style

ailioiu's review of Philips 650

“I was looking for a long time, for a phone with the...”

Written on: 24/08/2005 by ailioiu (1 review written)

Extremely good standby time.

None particularly.

General Comments
I was looking for a long time, for a phone with the standby time of the Philips 650 mobile phone. I have been using it for five months now, and I am really pleased with it. I am not a power talker (on average of 15 minutes per day), and I recharge it at two week intervals. I have a few requests though; I mailed them to Philips too. Maybe if they get more requests they will release a firmware upgrade!

1. There should be a possibility to have the external display on permanently.
2. The missed call announcement should be louder, at a fixed interval, and also, maybe a blink of the icon on the external screen would help.

3. The phonebook:-
3.1 Once you have highlighted a name in the phonebook, pressing OK should display the information about that contact, not the menu it displays now.
3.2 There should be a possibility to change the way the names are displayed (now they're sorted by "last name"). I would like to have them sorted by first name, as long as I have different fields for first and last name.
4. There isn't a T9 function for Romanian.

Overall it is the best phone I ever had.

• Battery Life