Canon Ixus Z70 Review

• Photograph Quality

Archie.'s review of Canon Ixus Z70

“My first ixus was the elph. It gave me 2yrs of service...”

Written on: 18/01/2003 by Archie. (1 review written)

Looks, feel and picture quality

Reliability

General Comments
My first ixus was the elph. It gave me 2yrs of service before locking up and I was forced (on holiday)to purchase a "cheapy" kodak to get me over the holiday period and which my wife still uses. The repair was to be in the region of £100. It's in the loft. I have now got a Z70 and yes thats broken too, just locked up, out of guarantee and estimated at £120 to repair. I do look after my camera's as both are mint condition case wise. When the camera worked it was very good indeed with a much improved picture to the elph. If you get a good un keep it at home. I like the camera so much I'll probably get another.

71749_Archie.'s Response to 66202_Archie.'s Review

Written on: 09/02/2003

Well I bought another one. I got it on ebay, second hand but in good condition apart from a couple of very light scratches on the case, only just visible. I got it for £37 a real bargain. I ran a roll using all it's functions and all is well, the picture quality as usual for this model is excellent.

109706_Robert.'s Response to 66202_Archie.'s Review

Written on: 22/06/2003

Interesting. I have a Canon Ixus II which suffers from the same sort of problem. Conveniently a year or so out of guarrantee, it keeps locking up, with some part or other of the display flashing. Also similar - Canon will repair it for a silly sum of money. The problem seems to clear temporarily if I slap the camera about a bit (something I'd also like to do to selected members of Canon staff for selling me such a lemon).