HP Photosmart 7960 Review

Tammy1126's review of HP Photosmart 7960

“I bought the HP Photosmart 7960 from Office Depot and...”

Written on: 02/08/2005 by Tammy1126 (1 review written)

Photo quality is great.

Breaks easy and HP does not stand behind product.

General Comments
I bought the HP Photosmart 7960 from Office Depot and spend over $300 doing so. 4 months later it broke down and no longer printed light magenta. After weeks of communication with HP they determined it needed to be replaced but that my warranty had expired! Evidently your 1 year warranty is actually a 4 month or less warranty! Oh they did offer to send me a "refurbished" printer at a cost of another $129 and I would have to send them my broken one at my expense.

Needless to say they did not get another $129 of my money! So after 8 months without a printer trying to decide what to do I decided I had to buy another HP photosmart because I had well over $100 worth of ink I had purchased already. So I bought a new HP photosmart online for much cheaper then HP's refurbished one. Guess what? Yep, no light magenta on this one either!

I'm not going to bother trying to get support from HP for this second one since they were of no help with the first one. My advise is DO NOT BUY THIS PRINTER!!! HP does not stand behind their product, or at least not this printer. Don't you find it odd that 2 brand new printers would have the very same problem? I sure do! But I find it disgusting that HP does not stand behind their product.

Beware, if you buy this printer your doing so at the risk of wasting a lot of time and money like I did.

As for print quality, it's great! But using 3 ink cartridges at a cost of $30 or more a piece, it is a little cheaper to print them at your local store!