Webley Spectre Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

DFC's review of Webley Spectre

“I just bought a Webley Spectre. It is a superb looking...”

Written on: 26/06/2005 by DFC (1 review written)

Superb accuracy. Quality build.

Under powered, plastic magazine.

General Comments
I just bought a Webley Spectre. It is a superb looking rifle very nice to handle and easily converted for LH shooting. I tested this gun on a crono using various better quality pellets, using the formula Ft per sec. times. Ft per sec. times grain weight of pellet. divided by 450240.

The results were a consistent and dissapointing 9Ft/Llbs with a variety of pellets. The power of the rifle is set at the factory very simply. I suggest buyers crono their rifles and see if this is a common problem. If its not close to 12Ft/Llbs send it to the factory or dealer and get it retuned.

Saying that, I love this gun, even pushing 9Ft Llbs it will put a pellet through the same hole at 35+ yards.

It's a nice rifle to handle and is light. One thing I don't like is the plastic magazine. On a rifle of this quality and price I would have thought a metal one more appropriate. The mecanism which turns the magazine has failed and I will need to get it fixed under warranty. I don't know if this is a common problem.

Filling is very easy.