1837online.com www.1837online.com Review

rebeccakl's review of 1837online.com www.1837online.com

“I think I have found a superior site to 1837online.com...”

Written on: 25/06/2005 by rebeccakl (2 reviews written)

Good Coverage of data.

Found perhaps what is a better website. The information is not fully searchable as it leads to believe - it allows you to search on a surname range i.e. you still have to look through hundreds of pages.

General Comments
I think I have found a superior site to 1837online.com (www.1837online.com), I wrote another review about www.familyrelatives.org which can be found on http://www.reviewcentre.com/review161245.html and might be of help to other amateur genealogists. I came across familyrelatives.org only recently but typed out the surname, forename and district of the ancestors I was searching and it found them pretty quickly - it also is much cheaper as you don't have to view so many wasted images. The coverage for 1866-1920 is fully searchable 1921-1983 is the same as 1837online.

Although would recommend both sites to save a journey to the family record centre in London. But familyrelatives.org is easier to us and less expensive.