Beeman R1 Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Dual Mag Mike's review of Beeman R1

“I, like one of the other reviewers have had my Beeman...

Written on: 22/06/2005 by Dual Mag Mike (39 reviews written)

Longevity, accuracy, power, one of the best looking airguns around.

Maybe a bit long, that is it, period.

General Comments
I, like one of the other reviewers have had my Beeman R1 Air Rifle for about 20 years and have never sent it out for any tune ups, or repairs. I have shot this gun a lot, I mean a whole lot. If I were really pressed to guess how many times I would have to say over 7,000 pellets maybe even quite a bit more than that! Accuracy is still good and has taken many, many, many critters out to about 40 yards (120 feet). The power of course has dwindled a bit. Best chrony numbers are at 15.5 ft. lbs. I still love the gun and think it is one of the best looking guns around. Why all the airguns are not made with the long fore arm to cover the cocking mechanism is totally beyond me. Does any one actually like looking at the hinge? Certainly not me. Trigger is great, power is good, accuracy good. Overall a great gun.

• Accuracy

• Handling

Dual Mag Mike's Response to Dual Mag Mike's Review

Written on: 17/08/2016

Recent tune has revived the ole gal and is now shooting just a tad under factory new. 715fps with FTS pellets/16.60fpe May open it up again and put a spacer or 2 as well as new seal. I used a spring out of another newer but still fairly old R1 to refresh this one.

Dual Mag Mike's reply to Dual Mag Mike's Comment

Written on: 14/09/2016

Second tune using factory spring new seal and spacer brought velocity to 758 fps (.22cal) using FTS pellets. 3rd tune with Maccari spring has FTS pellets @755fps/19.5fpe. and still quite easy to engage with the leverage of the rifle length barrel.