Pret a Manger Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

biggerportions's review of Pret a Manger

Pret a Manger - In a moment of frustration, I worked...”

Written on: 20/06/2005 by biggerportions (1 review written)

In central London you are never more than 5 mins from one

Chilled sandwiches, high prices, queues and poor service

General Comments
Pret a Manger - In a moment of frustration, I worked out that I spend over £6 per day at Pret, or £1,500 per year.

I've vowed to stop. The problem for me is that Pret has declined from a niche, high-quality lunch retailer into a mass market, on-every-street-in-London-and-now-elsewhere sandwich chain outlet.

Not surprising when you learn that they are now owned by McD's -- yes, them of the golden arches!

It has been steadily downhill from there. Expensive, poor service, massive queues in peak hours, a little changing menu, overly chilled food and badly trained staff behind the counter who seen unable to serve fast enough or understand our currency/change.

If you are hungry and buy a sandwich, fruit bowl and a drink you will get little change from £7-8. Seems OTT.

My advice is to find a small friendly independent who tries harder and deserves the £1,500 per annum you are probably spending there per year.

• Quality of Service