Volkswagen Passat 1.9 TDI Sport Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

mickey01's review of Volkswagen Passat 1.9 TDI Sport

“I've had the Volkswagen Passat 1.9 TDI Sport car for...”

written by mickey01 on 30/05/2005

Good looking, good performance

Quality not what I expected from VW

General Comments
I've had the Volkswagen Passat 1.9 TDI Sport car for 2 years and to be honest I feel really disappointed with it. I bought VW because of the preceived higher quality of the marque but to date I've had a number of problems. First off was water leaking into the footwell due to a leak at the pollen filter - carpets now smell though I did my best to dry them out. The passenger side wheel bearing is noisy and the noise does intrude when on the motorway, the driver's side window regulator broke last week on my way to work and now the clutch is juddering - I am told it may be a flywheel related problem - more expense. Will I ever buy VW again - I don't think so, the price premium is unjustified.

• 2001

Year Manufactured

• 2

Length of ownership

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Guest's Response to mickey01's Review

Written on: 06/06/2011

bought my 2003 vw passat tdi in 2010 and had nothing but trouble after the second day. the hazard light switch burnt out fitted another 3 bought from vw dealership and they all burnt out. eventually brought it to auto spark who stripped the car only to tell me he couldnt find any short or wiring problem. went to europarts and bought another switch, hasnt been a problem with it this past year. so much for buying genuine vw parts from yoyr local dealer. have the same problem with water in the foot well. last vw i will be buying.