Vodafone Live! Review

Vodafone Live!
1.6
  • Tariff Features

Derek.'s review of Vodafone Live!

“Has Vodafone fully tested this system before they...”

written by Derek. on 23/12/2002

Vodafone Live! was launched this autumn with a huge fanfare. They are spending a fortune on David Beckham TV ads, Cinema, Posters etc. This hype, has intensified with picture messaging, photo messaging and media messaging from T-Mobile, Orange and O2 respectively. However, they haven't got the technical stuff right.

They haven't got the technical stuff right. I recently bought a SonyEricsson T300, which does everything that you would need to benefit fully from Vodafone Live! It has MMS, GPRS and a camera attachment etc. However, they don't work. Out of 10 attempts 1 MMS message was delivered successfully. I read the instructions carefully, received all of the settings in an SMS from the Vodafone website, took a nice picture of my cat, but I couldn't send it to anyone. You can imagine my frustration!

So, I called Vodafone customer services. They did not understand why it was not working, only that they have heard some people are having problems with MMS. Clearly, there are more technical issues to iron out.

General Comments
Has Vodafone fully tested this system before they rolled out the service?

It seems that they were in such a rush to launch this new service, that technical testing was restricted to 3 handsets (panasonic GD87, Nokia 7650 and Sharp GX-10). I am not in a position to comment on how well the service operates over these handsets. Although, they seem to work alright in the shop. All I know is that Vodafone's GPRS and MMS do not operate efficiently on the T300.

I would be very interested to hear of anyone elses' experiences with Vodafone Live!