Contax (Kyocera) Aria Review

• Photograph Quality

CyberPOP.'s review of Contax (Kyocera) Aria

“I bought my second Aria 2 weeks after my first Aria....”

Written on: 27/04/2000 by CyberPOP. (1 review written)

Light weight, inexpensive, small, can use Carl Zeiss

Somewhat plasticky.

General Comments
I bought my second Aria 2 weeks after my first Aria. There will be the time to change from one to another, but noone can part me from Aria. The well-built, light weight camera that can mount a Zeiss lens on it for a reasonable price is sought after. I enjoy using Aria as my serious photo or travelling. The Aria with Tessar 45/2.8 is a handy point-and-focus-and-shoot camera. People are wondering when they saw Aria with Tessar 45/2.8 on it. Is it a "high-end point-and-shoot" or a "junk-like SLR"? No matter what it is, Aria with Zeiss glasses can take the great images with painless in weight, size and price.

105732_Danny W..'s Response to CyberPOP.'s Review

Written on: 09/06/2003

The Contax Aria is in fact the el cheapo of the Contax line, lots of plastic construction. This is not a camera you'd want to take outdoors very much. With a CZ zoom it is very unbalanced and nose-heavy. The reviewer might have mentioned these facts.