See Tickets www.seetickets.com Review

• Selection of tickets available

• Ease of ordering

• Customer service

redgeorge's review of See Tickets www.seetickets.com

“See www.seetickets.com, www.wayahead.com - I ordered...”

Written on: 23/03/2005 by redgeorge (1 review written)

None

Serious delay in sending tickets
Rude customer service

General Comments
See www.seetickets.com, www.wayahead.com - I ordered tickets from seetickets.com to see 'I Am Kloot' at the Electric Ballroom in Camden on April 21st. Although the tickets were ordered on 11th February I was still waiting for them to arrive on 23rd March having received a couple of emails from SeeTickets stating that the promotions company had yet to send them to them. I called SeeTickets on 23rd March to enquire about how long it would take for the tickets to arrive but they could not give me a definite time. They said that they should arrive a few days before the gig but when I asked them what would happen if they failed to get the tickets from the promotions company thay simply said that they 'usually' receive them in time. Obviously I was less than impressed with this response, as well as the brusque manner of the customer service representative. I decided to cancel the order as I didn't want to take the risk of not receiving the tickets in time and was told that I would receive my money minus a £3 'fee' (the representative was unwilling to waive the fee). The good news is that I cancelled my SeeTickets booking and then purchased from Ticketweb who I have used before. Even with the £3 SeeTickets penalty, the total still works out cheaper than SeeTickets were charging. Perhaps I should've gone with Ticketweb in the first place... (assuming they are not the same company!)

• Customer service

• I Am Kloot

Event

• Selection of tickets available

• Ease of ordering

• High

Booking fee

Mindy's Response to redgeorge's Review

Written on: 24/03/2005

You do realise that in the terms & conditions when you book they do point out that for gigs more than 6 weeks away you don't receive the tickets until about 2 weeks before the show. It's standard practice as the promoter won't have them printed yet. Most ticket agencies are the same.
<br>
<br>While I agree that See are much higher priced than pretty much anyone else, they are extremely reliable. In the dozens of times I've purchased tickets via their website or via their telephone booking service, I have never had a problem with receiving the tickets in plenty of time.
<br>
<br>The point being, you should probably read all the text on the screen and the Terms & Conditions before you start to worry.

Redgeorge's Response to redgeorge's Review

Written on: 21/04/2005

Yes, clearly there is a push to deter touts/ebayers from making money from selling tickets on. However, I received the tickets from ticketweb very soon after ordering them and as I said before, I have received tickets from other agencies promptly - the only one I have had problems with is seetickets (who couldn't even guarantee that the tickets would be sent out by the day of the gig, let alone 10 days prior to the gig). There are plenty of outlets for tickets - I now choose to go elsewhere.

Phreakyv's Response to redgeorge's Review

Written on: 15/04/2005

The point is quite simply this. To give touts or e-bay sellers less time to pass tickets on before a gig, the promoters send out the tickets as late as possible. Hence the reason you wouldn't get them until 10 days before.

Redgeorge's Response to redgeorge's Review

Written on: 24/03/2005

Some fair points here about reading all terms and conditions. However, I have booked tickets through agencies on many, many occasions and in the vast majority of those cases have received tickets within a few days of placing the order, even for concerts that are some time away. I am therefore very surprised to hear that it is common practice for agencies to delay sending tickets as I have rarely found this to be the case.
<br>
<br>In any case, my main reason for deciding to cancel the order was that Seetickets were not able to guarantee that I would receive the tickets before the concert - that to me was unacceptable. The rude manner of the customer service representative only acted to compound my lack of faith in Seetickets. The key point of learning for me is that as a consumer, if a company doesn't give you a fast and reliable service, then go elsewhere.