Taba, Hyatt Regency Hotel Review

rvincent's review of Taba, Hyatt Regency Hotel

“I've been to Egypt a number of times but this was my...”

Written on: 05/01/2005 by rvincent (1 review written)

Good value for money, guaranteed weather, excellent hotel layout, good pools, clean and comfortable accomodation.

Buffet food is not 5 star, more 3-4 star, drinks are expensive (especially for Egypt) and there are no local restaurants/shops to choose from.

General Comments
I've been to Egypt a number of times but this was my first visit to Taba. The Hyatt Regency Hotel was well presented but I would say it was more 4 than 5 star...however it is the best hotel in Taba. Don't let that put you off though because the price of the holiday compensates! We had a sea and lagoon view room which gave great views and good, clean accommodation. The food in the seafood restaurant is good but expensive but a welcome alternative to the buffet which is no worse than I've had elsewhere but can be very busy at times.

I have recommended the Hyatt to a friend who loved it! Great snorkelling off the jetty, great weather - the sea breeze meant that August didn't feel too hot.

Tips - take some duty free booze for the room, try the seafood restaurant, try the Marriott's Italian restaurant, do the snorkelling, choose your time when you visit the buffet.

Click here to view holiday offers on Expedia
View holidays on Expedia