KEF Q3 (2002) Review

• Sound Quality

fabricetiozzo's review of KEF Q3 (2002)

“I have to agree with the other reviews, those KEF Q3's...”

Written on: 17/12/2004 by fabricetiozzo (1 review written)

Clarity
Great Looks
Realism

None for the price paid

General Comments
I have to agree with the other reviews, those KEF Q3's are quite something to hear! I bought them for $400 Canadian (Less than 300$ US !!! ) + $50 for shipping. I could not be happier with them. So I won't stretch too long on the bad points. I have to disagree about the lack of bass oooummf!!! This is because the Q3's are not adding bass frequencies where there is none, unlike some other much more expensive speakers that I heard before buying those, like Mission and Monitor audio (Silver 6: out of control bass!!). If there is no bass in the actual recording, they won't be any out of the speakers and that's fair enough! The range or the Q3's is 42-27, that's enough bass for me! The realism of the voices, horns and drums is almost spooky! It blew me away! Go hear them or the new model that replace thoses: the Q4.

• Sound Quality

• Less than a Week

Time Speakers Owned

Kwbreezer's Response to fabricetiozzo's Review

Written on: 23/12/2004

I have been reading many great reviews of KEF products including these ones regarding the Q3s. I am a fan of british audio components, with my current system that includes british amplifiers, pre-amp, CD etc...but being located in Waterloo, ON, I always have a problem finding retailers. Fabricetiozzo...where did you find your Q3s...I am very interested.

Fabricetiozzo's Response to fabricetiozzo's Review

Written on: 26/12/2004

Mr Breezer, I got those speakers on the internet from a guy in Manitoba. They are spectacular for the price, I am very pleased and they worth every penny of the money I spend to acquire them. There is retaillers in Toronto for shure. Pop in your car and go hear them or the Q4, to have an idea of what they sound like for yourself! Check the Kef site and the high-end audio sites, you might find a used pair for cheap. Good luck!
<br>Fabricetiozzo

Fabricetiozzo's Response to fabricetiozzo's Review

Written on: 25/12/2004

Well kwbreezer, I got mine on canuckaudiomart.com. Check the KEF website to know the nearest dealers near you (most probably TO). They are simply awesome man! You have to go and listen to a pair (Q3 or Q4) so you will be able to ear for yourself. Check on audiogon.com (in the classified section), I saw some yesterday for 300$ US from a guy in New Jersey, WOW! It's what I paid =incredible bang for the buck at that price! Go check it up.
<br>Good luck!