Canon AE-1 Review

• Photograph Quality

Jaye.'s review of Canon AE-1

“Hey, I am a Nikon_guy. But I always wanted, an AE-1. ...”

Written on: 19/11/2002 by Jaye. (1 review written)

Durability, power, heavy, a real tank. It made me take a look at the Canon manual line and those superb FD_lenses. Top quality metering, complete manual control if desired. Top flight metering, in any mode. Topflight results, just a marvel. And a great collectors item. Hey this is comingfrom a Nikon_guy.

They stopped making them. Could have created a more advanced, version. Should have advanced the FD_lenses also.

General Comments
Hey, I am a Nikon_guy. But I always wanted, an AE-1. Well, I got the AE-1, and a Vivitar 283 flash, for $25.00, from a neighbor, who was given the camera on a trash route. I put batteries in the flash, and POW!!, then, I ran a roll of 200 speed in the AE-1, to my surprise, the shots were....POW, a big hit. I have run a few rolls through this baby, and the shots, are great. I just love this camera. And guess what, I went out and got a Canon A1. This is a horse. But the AE-1, is so amazing. A top quality find, for any level of photographer. Find one and give it a shot. Take it from me, it kicks.....as I was saying, it's GREEEEAT!!!!!

Yankeeblue.'s Response to 51871_Jaye.'s Review

Written on: 04/05/2003

Thanks. My teenage daughter is looking at getting into photography. I have an old Olympus SLR from the early 80s I use and was looking for some kind of reliable camera I could get her for her birthday. I was thinking of a Canon AE-1 that I saw in an on-line auction, but wanted to see what others thought of the thing.
<br>