Vancouver, Beach Acres Review

Vancouver, Beach Acres
5.0

ally1's review of Vancouver, Beach Acres

“I have been to Beach Acres 3 times now and each time I...”

written by ally1 on 06/11/2004

big, friendly, good facilities, huge beach nice area

expensive, found hornets annoying.

General Comments
I have been to Beach Acres 3 times now and each time I have loved it. It has a nice inside pool and playground, great for kids. It has organised children's activities including movie and pizza night and craft times. The beach really is huge; it takes around half an hour to walk from the start of the shore to the water itself when the tide is completely out, at the furthest point. Other times and places amongst it you are right next to the water. There are areas on the beach perfect for having BBQ's and beach fires. The cabins are lovely, I have stayed in a range of them and all are right up to scratch, with TVs and kitchens and large room and windows. The area is fabulous, We went on quite a few local trips i.e. kayaking and whale watching would totally recommend both of them. Once or twice hornets came and annoyed us but they didn't ruin the holiday by any means. A restaurant on the grounds, apparently very nice. Some people I talked to were scared of cougars they has heard were on the island but we never saw any, having been there and on the island many, many times.