HSBC Business Bank Account Review

• Customer service

Hulya's review of HSBC Business Bank Account

☆☆☆☆☆

“Ridiculous... I have been with the HSBC bank 16 years...”

Written on: 26/10/2004 by Hulya (1 review written)

Able to get balance from a ATM machine! That's all.

Un-helpful staff who respond to queries with go into your branch and ask your bank manager.

Just spent 10 minutes trying to get my business bank balance and failed despite giving them dates of money paid in/ cheques paid out with all security questions answered, and accurate dates given... They would not give me my balance until I gave an amount and exact date of when I took money out of an ATM machine. I explained my statement was to be here within a couple of days and she asked to call up then or go to my bank!!

After 10 minutes I still have no balance and have to go into town to get it!

No flexibility.

General Comments
Ridiculous... I have been with the HSBC bank 16 years and had a Business Bank Accounts for 4... received nothing but hassle and im finally getting round to changing. Try to have as little to do with them as possible... questions always fobbed of to 'go down to your branch and ask!' . Not for a busy business person.

Never go to my branch without standing in a queue.

Charge you for everything with no flexibilty regardless of how long you have been with them and good a customer you are.

• 1 year and over

Banked with company

Lwhitby's Response to Hulya's Review

Written on: 15/03/2005

I have an equally dismal experience of HSBC. I am running a small charity, and am the only paid employee. Over the past 4 working days, I have made 5 telephone calls to try and ascertain whether a mandate has been processed. Each time I have been promised by the call centre that my branch will ring me back. I'm still waiting - and so are the 80 orphans in rural Uganda whom we cannot support until this mandate has been sorted out enabling us to transfer funds.
<br>If anyone can recommend a charity-friendly bank, I would love to hear from you ........

Nuttytart125's Response to Hulya's Review

Written on: 24/10/2005

i completely agree with you all and i work for the bank! i have been there just over 8 months and all the staff are just out for themslves and their points rewards schemes! as a cashier we are the only people in my branch who are as helpful as we can to the customers. even though we are covered in dust as building work is going on!! lets just say im looking for another bank to work in so if you have any suggestions

Shoey's Response to Hulya's Review

Written on: 29/09/2005

I couldn't agree more I am a relatively new business rapidly expanding and I have found all levels of staff completely unhelpful with little product knowledge I am moving my account now. However the branch in East molesey where I have my personal accounts are fantastic but they cannot cater for business bankers perhaps the managers could do with a few training sesssions from the wonderful ladies there.