Philips DTR1500 Review

Philips DTR1500
3.4

stevoation's review of Philips DTR1500

“I bought a Philips DTR1500, my 1st venture into the...”

written by stevoation on 24/10/2004

Looks good, Clear OSD, Superb Picture Quality.

Gettting my TV to work with it, slow response from the remote when switching it on.

General Comments
I bought a Philips DTR1500, my 1st venture into the world of digital TV, because I refuse to pay a subscription to other digital providers, I went with Freeview.

This in my opinion was the best box on offer at the time, and I was right, as I was surprised to find that other boxes only had one Scart connection, so how you connect it up to a VCR, as well as your TV I don't know.

But anyway this has 2 Scart connections one for the TV and one for the Video.

After the simple processes of connecting it up I had it tuned and working within minutes, the ONLY problem I had, was it was pre set up to send a RGB signall to my TV, through the scart, which my TV didn't like, and made all the TV's OSD go really weird and all the Analogue channels scramble???? (My TV is a bit old)

So after a bit of fiddling about with the settings, so it would send a PAL signal to my TV, I managed to get it working properly, the only thing I don't like about it, is that its slow to respond when switching it on via the remote.

• 1 - 6 Months