O2 X1 Review

• Battery Life

• Reception

• Style

peterkent's review of O2 X1

“The cost of e-mailing pictures to myself is 30 or 40...”

Written on: 19/10/2004 by peterkent (1 review written)

Sends and receives phone calls
Good picture capacity
Takes videos

Only way to extract pictures is to e-mail them.
No way to extract videos
Battery charge life erratic

General Comments
The cost of e-mailing pictures to myself is 30 or 40 pence. Not worth it most of the time.

There is no way to send videos so why include the feature.

I thought a data cable might be the answer to extracting pictures and videos but, like a previous reviewer, got only a runaround from O2.

The shop reocmmended I try the O2 website.

No joy. An e-mail to their help desk recommended I go to their telephone shop. They recommended I go to a real shop.

Back to the real shop and they recommended Maxon.

The car charger is branded Maxon and so is the battery on the phone, so I went to Maxon's website, but no mention of data cables. Browsing Maxon's site I came across the Maxon MXA30 phone which is the spitting image of the X1. My suspicion is that the X1 is a re-branded Maxon. O2 denied this but I don't believe them.

I obtained a Maxon data cable from another supplier, but no software so I still can't unload the phone data.

I ordered another data cable, with software, from irwebonline.com also called 'mobile spares 'n repairs', so far I haven't received it after a month and am having difficulties contacting them even though they have taken my money.

• Battery Life