Alan Fletcher, The Art of Looking Sideways Review

jjcon1's review of Alan Fletcher, The Art of Looking Sideways

Alan Fletcher, The Art of Looking Sideways - I was...”

Written on: 26/08/2004 by jjcon1 (1 review written)

533 pages of intriguing design layouts, anecdotes, quotes, and the list goes on and on.

The book is not really a book on "design" as it is more a book on design and everything else. This is by no means a bad thing as I bought the book less than five hours ago and I already feel it may do more for my design than my last term in college.

General Comments
Alan Fletcher, The Art of Looking Sideways - I was shopping at Vroman's earlier today looking for a design book. I picked this one up because it had interesting layouts and 533 pages of them (actually double that as he counts one spread as one page). After I got home and started to skim through the book (which I haven't stopped doing for the last 5 hours and I doubt I have read a 10th of it yet) I was amazed at the degree of intelligence, humor, insight, etc., on every page. This book is easily worth a pound per page and I only paid 40 dollars American for it. A must buy.

Click here to check out all the books available on Amazon
Amaon Book Store