MSN Hotmail, www.hotmail.com Review

• Spam Protection

cowcalves's review of MSN Hotmail, www.hotmail.com

“I have always found Hotmail to be one of the most...”

Written on: 23/06/2004 by cowcalves (48 reviews written)

Easy to use
MSN Messenger
Free

Storage Limit

General Comments
I have always found Hotmail to be one of the most useful services that the internet provides. Being able to communicate quickly with people all over the country and indeed the world from whereever you are.

They have recently really improved their spam filters as I now only get the odd one, where I was getting about 20 a day before which was a bit unbearable. It has good functions for your address book, personal options, etc., and links to Sky Sports, news, games, etc., at msn.co.uk.

You also get MSN Messenger for free which, if you've been living in a computerless cave for the past 5 years, is a free instant messenger service so you can have group discussions with your mate online. Not a very good idea though if you're actually trying to achieve anything on the internet like some work, as I always end up chatting to my mates about football or something.

Anyway, Hotmail is free and you can have as many accounts as you want (I'm talking to those from the computerless caves again, I'm guessing). I've got a couple, one for mates and one for serious emails. It way well be outdone by Google's G-Mail which is going to offer loads more space and is free. I have a feeling Hotmail were slowly fazing in the changes but with increased competion may have to re-think.

Mindy's Response to cowcalves's Review

Written on: 24/06/2004

As of this morning it would appear that Hotmail have decided to upgrade the service to give everyone 250mb of space sometime this fall. Too bad it's not sooner!