Sony Ericsson T68i Review

• Reception

• Style

Mike Foley.'s review of Sony Ericsson T68i

☆☆☆☆☆

“I have been waiting for this Sony Ericsson T68i mobile...”

Written on: 30/09/2002 by Mike Foley. (1 review written)

Feature Packed, Tri Band, BlueTooth, Pop Mail, etc etc As Such it has Everything!

Very Slow, Un-Responsive, Not User Friendly, Very bad for regular texting, Very bad ring tunes, Volumn level way too low.

General Comments
I have been waiting for this Sony Ericsson T68i mobile phone for months and I've never been so disappointed with a purchase. I've been using Mobile phones since 1990. I've had NEC, Nokia, Ericsson, Motorolla and now this. I'd almost prefer my brick style NEC. This thing is giving me such a headache to try and use.

I'm sorry I bought this. It's slow, rubbish and tedious to use. You hit a menu and it takes seconds to respond, it reminds me of being used to using an Pentium PC and then trying to use a 286 to write a letter.

As a regular text messager, writing a text message on this gives me a headache. It's a great phone feature wise, but slow and un-responseive to such an extent that I am considering going back to my 8810 Nokia (which doesn't have half the features but does the job).

The ring tones on this are fairly bad, in fact it's hard to find a "Ring-Ring" type tone. Also the volume level, even at its highest, is low if the phone is in your pocket. I've been missing calls left right and center and then you have to spend "seconds" (i.e what feels like un-responsive menu hopping) going thru menus to try and figure out who the missed call was from.

It's a feature packed phone but wow have they messed up with the user functionality studies. Don't even start me on this silly joystick. Simply put, it's like trying to thread a needle. It physically makes my head and eyes sore to try and use the joystick.

If they'd give me my money back I'd return it immediately.

• Reception

• Style

47009_Jerry.'s Response to 40652_Mike Foley.'s Review

Written on: 29/10/2002

I found not issues with the speed of the phone accessing the menus etc. The missed calls list also is very easy to access. Just press the "Yes" key and there it is.

66668_Anon.'s Response to 40652_Mike Foley.'s Review

Written on: 20/01/2003

Mike you should try reading the manual, it's a great phone. Difficulty finding out who called, you got to be having a laugh! There isn't a phone on the market that can supply that information faster than the T68i.