Pets at Home www.petsathome.com Review

lmc1's review of Pets at Home www.petsathome.com

☆☆☆☆☆

“Several times I have had to inform staff at Pets at...”

Written on: 28/04/2004 by lmc1 (1 review written)

Range of products

Care and welfare of fish in Gravesend branch

General Comments
Several times I have had to inform staff at Pets at Home of sick, dead or dying fish. A couple of months ago I swore I wouldn't go back there but because I live so close to them, I went back on my word and popped in recently to buy a few bits for my fish. Yet again, I saw sick, dead and dying fish and unclean tanks. One show tank with a couple of fish in had obviously been forgotten about as their glass was thick with green algae and water cloudy because their pump wasn't working and it would have taken a while to get that bad.

I put all the items I was going to buy back on the shelf and showed one of the staff the forgotten tank and left.

These people really haven't got a clue.

• none

192254_Mandykai's Response to lmc1's Review

Written on: 06/05/2005

you seem to have had a poor experience in the gravesend branch of pets at home but i can assure you it is not like that every where. Pets at home have a number of standards in place which every store MUST abide by. However, in every branch there are thousands of fish, so you cannot expect every single one to be healthy, just as you shouldnt be alarmed to see 1 or 2 dead fish, as 1 or 2 out of thousands is not bad. However, tanks should be kept clean and algae free.