Didn't move all furniture & charged 50% extra to quote

paul.jesse's review of Tigers Removals, Hull

“Didn't move all furniture & charged 50% extra to quote”

Written on: 30/12/2020 by paul.jesse (1 review written)

I hope you find this review balanced and will enable you to make up your own mind whether it is worth using Tigers Removals.

My Completion date moved back 3 times in December and 3 times Tigers were able to accommodate my new date.
HOWEVER, on the day, Tigers arrived late as they had to do another job left over from the day before. Then they turned up with just a 7.5 tonne lorry and 2 guys when I had paid £900 for a 7.5 tonner, a Luton van & 3 guys.

Now to be fair to Tigers the 2 guys worked very hard and carefully. However my buyer failed to complete on time by 5pm and we could only exchange contracts by 5pm on moving day.(Thursday) and Tigers had only had enough time to move half of our stuff. So Tigers agreed to move the remaining half of our furniture the next available day which was Saturday.

We completed the next morning Friday. However on Saturday, Tigers turned up an hour late with just a large Luton van (maybe 3.5 tonne) & 2 guys. We agreed they would need to do a few runs to get all our remaining stuff moved. The distance to the new house was about 8 miles. We were also using both our large cars to transfer a lot of the smaller furniture on both the Thursday & Saturday.

So the 2 guys packed the 1st load of furniture but when they got to the new house I then got a call from Tigers office manager saying he wanted £425 to unload the furniture and finish the job.

I was not happy as Tigers did NOT tell me there would be an extra charge for this Saturday job when I booked them on the Thursday. I told them I was unhappy that I was only told about the £425 once my furniture was loaded. I was being forced to pay almost 50% again to do the work I had already paid for.

I spoke to the owner of Tigers who reduced the cost down to £350 but that still felt wrong AND i had to immediately pay it by bank transfer otherwise they told me they would take my furniture to storage. As a customer. he did also offer me a free use of a Tigers van in the future, but this did not excuse the feeling of being held to ransom.

I expect Tigers Removals to tell customers clearly what the costs are BEFORE they start work.

The 2 lads did 3 runs but because of the late start & the smallish van, they left us with still quite a lot of furniture to move by about 5pm. It took 4 of our family another 4 car loads to move the furniture left by Tigers.

Now I appreciate it was a Saturday & the 2 lads had home lives so it wasn't their fault but Tigers should have completed their contractual obligation which I had in writing, to move all my furniture.

Very unhappy with the way they have treated me as a customer, but I will let you make your own minds up