Poor service,more effort rebutting reviews than fixing issue

jjenkinson2's review of Seven Seas Worldwide

“Poor service,more effort rebutting reviews than fixing...”

Written on: 04/04/2019 by jjenkinson2 (1 review written)

Before I get into the part where I rip into the company, their product is more expensive that shared container services, but the sealed move cube is supposed to offer greater protection and security.
That said the price for a small move cube to Australia from the UK was reasonable, around £800 all in.
The company provides tape, craft knife and markers for assistance in packing which is a nice touch, and even lends some cones for marking the spot on the road where the move cube will be put, again pretty good for a budget service.

At this point in the process the only gripe that I had was the response to email queries was delayed, generally answering between 1-2 days later, possibly because their administration is in another country, but for pricing enquiries this seems too long.
There were no problems with the pickup, and the transit time to Australia was three months - again this is about average.
The main reason that I left this terrible review is that after delivery to Australia, I stored the boxes in a storage facility for two months. Some of the boxes had been opened due to a customs inspection. As I went through the items, two suits and a vacuum hose were missing, and when I raised several enquiries regarding the missing items the only response was: "Thank you for your message but I regret that, as previously corresponded, we are unable to pursue a claim with the insurers for this distressing issue.
However I am certainly sorry that such a disappointing conclusion to your shipment has so very regrettably occurred."

Seven Seas Worldwide only honours its insurance claims if the theft is notified within one month of delivery - this is a clause in the contract that you definitely need to be made aware of, if you are putting the goods in storage like me. There was no attempt to explain the loss from my belongings. This is unacceptable.

Seven Seas spend more effort rebutting reviews on social media than trying to fix customer problems, after a year I have never received an explanation or investigation on how my items were taken.