Goods missing & jewellery stolen

Guest's review of GB Liners - www.gbliners.com

“Goods missing and jewellery stolen”

Written on: 18/11/2017

My move was sudden and unusual. The manger who dealt with my booking was wonderful..no complaints there. However on receipt of my goods that had been repacked at one depot and then transferred to another depot to add to a shared/part load it was unfortunate to find that suitcases into which I had packed my clothes and some costume jewellery and unfortunately three precious rings had been rifled through the jewellery had been stolen.....they left the empty ring boxes the clothes were thrown into the cartons with the empty bags stuffed in on top..it looked like a bargain bucket at a jumble sale. Missing good include some collectible ornaments and children ty beanie babies . The manager is investigating but not holding out any hope for the recovery of my rings or goods I shall be reporting the theft to the police...again I know it will be a pointless exercise.

The implication is that the loss of the rings is my own fault....but surely I should be able to expect not to have my goods stolen.?

Rbartup's Comment

Written on: 23/11/2017

We are sorry that this customer has had cause to complain. As she says the move was sudden as she was leaving her partner and we collected the goods from a horse box where she had left them. We knew they would not be packed for international transport and agreed to repack them back at the depot. The repacking was carried out by a man who has been with us for 28 years and in whom we have total confidence. After that the goods were transported in our vans, with our staff to her new home abroad. We think its stretching the possibilities to think that the delivery crew would have had the knowledge to search through the goods looking for rings (or anything else of value) and then to take them. It also assumes that both members of the delivery crew are criminals because its probably impossible for one man to carry out a search for valuables without his colleague being aware..
We do take these allegations seriously but its difficult to think that there may not be some other explanation, other than an allegation of theft.