Terrible Management & Customer Service/ Non-existent

bpfialho's review of Casey's Removals - www.caseysremovals.com

“Terrible Management & Customer Service/ Non-existent”

Written on: 24/09/2022 by bpfialho (2 reviews written)

Summary
1)Owners will provide a great sales pitch, but they will not speak to you again after that
2)Insurance policy they claim to have is not work the paper it is written on, and any damages caused will NOT be compensated
3)Customer service is non-existent

One of the owners came to visit our property to give us a quote. He was a great salesman and we were sold based on the fact that our items would be insured whilst in their Storage facility. We have a complicated move as we were moving into temporary accommodation for 1.5 month, so would have required their services again as our items will be left in their storage. He promised that we would get a 10% discount for when we were moving from the temporary accommodation into our permanent residence. The movers themselves were fantastic. I can’t fault them… they worked hard and he was a true professional
The problems started when we needed to move into our permanent residence.

1)The 10% discount disappeared because apparently in the 1.5 months, they had increased their prices by 20%. I find this very convenient, and they claimed they were doing me a favour by not charging me 20% extra. I asked to speak to one of the owners who never bothered calling me back. The fact is they knew I had no choice but to go with them as my items were in their storage

2)We found out there were Southwark roadworks a week before the move. We immediately contacted Caesey and they started quoting us the term and conditions, when we asked for a date change. Apparently, even a date change (which was completely unavoidable.... like the council closing the road) with a week ahead notice, is considered a cancellation and that will result in a 50% non-refundable cost. Thankfully after consulting with Southwark we got an exception and they allowed us to park outside. Funnily enough Caesey called me the day before asking for a time change, but did not offer me 50% cancellation on their behave…

3)Moving into the property we again had a team lead by the same man. Unfortunately this time there were damages to the property including damages to the furniture and fittings. The payment to Casey’s is automatic and it had already come out of my account…. as they used the same card as the one I used to pay the deposit. I wrote to Caesey’s about the damages immediately and was told I would get someone coming over to review. That was 1 month ago, and after 4 emails and no response, I am now writing this review.