No Paycheck On Payday & INCORRECT Payrate

GarrettGreenwood481's review of Randstad

“No Paycheck On Payday and INCORRECT Payrate”

Written on: 28/01/2020 by GarrettGreenwood481 (1 review written)

Started a job at a local plant through Randstad in Orangeburg, South Carolina. Was hired as a Forklift Operator and was originally told that I would be paid a particular hourly rate. I was supposed to work partly on the line and partly as a Forklift Operator, but as I started and they got rid of one of the operators, I somehow slid into the role fully. I was cool with that. I agreed. I worked the 1st week and then the 2nd week and this was supposed to be my first paycheck. The first week, I asked my recruiter if they had my payrate down correctly and he told me yes. When it came time for me to get my paycheck on that Friday, I went onto the portal and did not see a paycheck for me which I thought was very strange. I started getting worried so when I got off that Friday morning, I still had no paycheck into my account. I waited for the representative after working 12 hours and he stated that he was sure that payroll had put time in for me I was tired and ready to go home. The HR Rep claimed that he was going to contact the lady in charge of payroll but it was still a little too early. I later on received a call back from him stating that the payroll lady confirmed what he thought had happened and that she had released my funds already and that I should see it at any time. He claimed that she was supposed to call him back with a reference number. I was not feeling this at all, so before I went to the office, I googled a Customer Service number which I called and they told me that payroll NEVER put any time in for me. I asked about my hourly rate and when they told me, I was livid! That was not the payrate that was discussed and I had been driving the forklift almost right after I started because I had to take my test. I went to the office. A bunch of running around (about 2.5. hours) and now they tell me that I would not be paid out until Monday. I know it does not help, but I'm sorry was all that I could get out of him. I was so upset. How could this have happened? Where is my correct pay? Where is my orientation pay? I called out two nights because I was sick and I have bills. I just felt betrayed all the way. Needless to say, I was contacted again by the same HR guy today (WHEN THEY DEPOSITED AN INCORRECT AMOUNT INTO MY ACCOUNT) telling me that he had to terminate because of the days I missed! Say what?! Man, where is the rest of my money and I have a check coming this week as well. I guess that pay is going to be messed up, too. This just CANNOT be right what they are doing to people. Very UNPROFESSIONAL!!