Poor Candidate Service

111McConnell's review of Blue Arrow

“Poor Candidate Service”

Written on: 22/01/2018 by 111McConnell (1 review written)

What is the point of writing to the Customer Services Department at Blue Arrow. There are so many bad reviews that this suggests as a company Blue Arrow have no customer satisfaction interest. Candidates are seen as an inconvenience and can be treated so badly. Consultants lie constantly. When you ask to speak to the Consultants you are always told they are not in the office. Often this is not true as I’ve called from reception and could see the Consultant. Waited weeks and weeks for replies to email and telephone calls. Why do Consultants lie? Why do Branch Management allow this to continue?

I have experienced Blue Arrow for over 18 months and where at one time there were consultants who cared for an acted professionally can called you when they said they would and always rang you every week to check on availability when you informed them you have no credit on your mobile. Now there is a lack of communication and worse still is that they lose copies of ID documents and make you re attend and complete all the registration forms again.

The directors need to be looking into this as this is a series breach of legislation and date protection.

Bagroup's Comment

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your experience, and we would like to help resolve this. If you go to the Blue Arrow website, click on contact us, you will be able to submit a complaint form that comes to our Customer Service team. Can you please provide details about the branch also.

Thanks

Sadhana - Blue Arrow

Mancbrum's Comment

Written on: 21/02/2018

The Blue Arrow office I have experienced is Birmingham Branch.

Where at one time consultants contacted you via telephone to check on availability and actually telephoned you to see if you could do a last minute job the staff who are now employed at the branch are so unprofessional I felt I had to put in writing my concerns.

Examples of bad practice are

*Losing candidates paperwork including Right To Work documents, copies of passport, bank details.
Not only is this unprofessional it is breaching data protection legislation and when this is highlighted the staff in the branch just fob people off with comments such as 'these things happen, so we need you to come into the office to complete all the forms again'.

*Promising candidate that there is lots of work and you will never be out of work when in fact there is no work.
This practice is illegal and companies can face fines for advertising in this manner.
A friend who was looking for work attended and registered for roles in catering and retail was promised work and that calls would be made the day after giving details. With this in mind I paid for my friend to get the correct clothing from a city centre store as she had no money. This uniform included shoes, trousers and blouses. She was looking forward to the work. She waited and waited for the telephone call and nothing happened. She had to ask to use my phone as she has no credit on her phone. After spending a number of days trying to speak with the consultant it was made clear that there was never any work. Not only was this misleading candidate but also I had lost money on buying suitable clothing for my friend to begin work.

*Failing to reply to telephone calls and emails
Over a two week period I telephoned requesting to speak with a particular consultant but they were never available or too busy to reply to these requests. Having exhausted my attempts to contact the consultant I attended the office and was informed that the consultant was not in the office, this despite the consultant being sat only a few feet away. This is a regular issue with the Birmingham office. Why are candidates treated in this way?

*I applied for an Enhanced DBS to include Adult and Child baring clearance and was promised it would only take a few weeks to be returned. Having been a compliance officer I knew that it could take up to a couple of months but this consultant insisted it would only take a few weeks. After waiting 6 weeks and having eventually managed to speak with the consultant dealing with the application I asked why it was taking so long. He just fobbed me off again. I checked with the company who were conducting the DBS checks and was informed that my application had only been received by them a week prior to my enquiry, some 5 weeks after I paid for and completed the forms. It appears the consultant had failed to send off my DBS application until I had continually chased the consultant. Having received the form back it wasn't the full enhanced DBS certificate which I had paid for. I there am left having to pay for another DBS certificate to enable me to work with vulnerable adults.

The treatment at the Birmingham branch of candidates is deteriorating to such an extent that I personally know over 20 people who say never to work with Blue Arrow. There are many bad reviews on a whole range of job review boards that it appears that complaints are ignored and directors do not care that their company has so many bad reviews. I also know of clients who state the consultants are so rude. So its not only candidates who are experiencing this but clients.

Bagroup's Comment

Hi,

We would still like to resolve this issue. If you go to the Blue Arrow website, click on contact us, you will be able to submit a complaint form that comes to our Customer Service team. They will be able to look into your situation. Please also provide details of the branch concerned.

Thanks