Rip-off merchants

Guest's review of Simarc Property Management Limited - www.simarc.co.uk

“Rip-off merchants”

Written on: 26/09/2013

Facts: Was fined about 56pds for non-payment of ground rent (the email that should have been sent to me was sent to a non-existent email address - I know this because the person I rang told me what "my" email address was in their records. When I sent an email to this fake address it cam back as "undeliverable" as it would have done when Simarc sent it (if they did at all). A month after that I had to pay 120pds for having let my property, and when I paid by 'phone the charge turned out to be 240pds.
Emailed them twice to query this, guess what - no reply.
They seem to be a disreputable bunch.

• Other

Customer

Lmccs's Comment

Written on: 07/01/2014

Hi,

I'm a Director of our Leasehold Management Company and I've now started my own consultancy to offer advice on how you can improve the service your receive and reduce your management fees.

I successfully removed our bad Managing Agent and saved our development £25,000 a year!!

Are you a director of the Leasehold Management Company where you live?

Mat

Dingding1's Comment

Written on: 25/03/2014

Mat, your offer to help might be well intentioned (albeit with a vested interest) but this is not about Managing Agents so much as the Freeholder and the fact that the Freehold and the ground rent that goes with it is sometime sold on to sharks like Simarc who set out to maximise their revenues by dubious means and practices. If you can help with that...

Phil4U's Comment

Written on: 28/04/2014

I am in the same dispute with SIMARC. When I questioned the £120 and asked for a copy of the Lease section showing the fee I received an e-mail enclosing the section of the lease and said they had made an error. The fee was actually £25 plus VAT - although no mention of VAT in the lease. I have contacted HMRC VAT division to see if they can add VAT to leasehold identified fee. I am also in dispute about ground rent fees that seem to have escalated to over £200 because I keep disputing their costs.

Khodgson152's Comment

Written on: 26/01/2014

We are having the very same problem. I swear we haven't had the ground rent letter and because we are disputing other charges with them they won't allow me to set up a direct debit to pay my ground rent so that I don't miss my payment. I have never been late in the last 14 years paying it but I am certain that I haven't received my letter detailing what I need to pay!