Dont change your provider to Virgin just yet !!!! READ FIRST

• Reception

• Reliability

• Extra Features

Guest's review of Virgin Media

“Dont change your provider to Virgin just yet !!!! READ...”

Written on: 06/11/2017

I recently moved from Virgin Media to BT ,as the pricing for my virgin broadband and phone only, hit the £50 mark, my package was for the 100MB speed and guess what I never got a speed above 51Mb, even after I called Virgin about this and they came with the usual rubbish that it depended on how many people were on online at the time, this in fact is not true as I did a speed test through different times of the day and it was always the same ,This I'm told is due to their web traffic management which they have in place ,something BT does not have .And don't get me started on the fact that I just paid £52 to Virgin for the last month for a service which should of been cancelled as soon as BT made the arrangement for it to be so ,Virgins excuse was that BT only informed them the cancellation was just for the phone line only, a lot of rubbish as I was charged even more than my previous bills .
I decided to go with BT and now have the infinity 2 package with 8OMb, phone line and basic tv for under £45 ,I was assured by BT I would always have a minimum speed of 61Mb,true to their word , my speed has never been under 72Mb it is much faster and signal reaches all over the house as opposed to Virgins so called "brilliant" router.
I ve Been with BT for a month now and am completely satisfied with their service so far.
I understand many people go with virgin due to the speeds on offer especially with their recent 300Mb for a ridiculous monthly payment, BUT before you decide on virgin , hold out for the new HYPEROPTIC that's being rolled out 1GB on offer for £40 a month ,they are a new company so will take time for it to be completely available to everyone .
Virgin is the thing of the past. its time for another company to put them in their place .
This is the first time I have ever written a review ,but I felt taken in for the last 18 months and then being charged a final bill of £52 was the final straw,i can honestly say hand on heart that I will NEVER return to Virgin and also have a couple of friends who will be moving to other broadband providers.
HYPEROPTIC is the way forward ,because as soon as its in my area I will most certainly be getting them ,but for now BT is just perfect .
I hope this helps in your decision !

• Reception