Customer Service??

• Reliability

• Extra Features

WayneConley411's review of Virgin Media

“Customer Service??”

Written on: 25/08/2017 by WayneConley411 (1 review written)

A great yardstick on how companies function or react is to read their feedback and their response or sometimes their lack of response. So, the Executive Team for Virgin Media haven’t reacted, it’s not their fault, is it? There’s just too many feedback complaints to cope with answering. I expect they’re very proud of their feedback score of 1 out of 10 though?

They’ve got your money, the android dealing with you from the call centre has read down his list and everything is wonderful for them – What’s a little white lie about an early leaving penalty or a bit of abuse and harassment to put you off leaving? They can speak to their manager and get you a loyalty bonus discount!! This would be the same manager who has disappeared when you want to speak to them.

I had been with Virgin Media since 2011. I telephoned Customers Retention and explained that I wished to cancel my complete package giving the required 30 days’ notice. I was unhappy with continuously receiving unexplained package price increases and was switching to another provider.

The call centre ‘gentleman’ became offensive, unpleasantly raising his voice attempting to use ‘coercion’ and scare tactics to persuade me to stay with Virgin. That I would have to pay £240 as an early exit penalty – Allegedly, I was under a new contract having previously telephoned to complain about a price increase and changing my package to reduce costs. I was extremely disappointed and offended with the way I was treated, especially with a grudging monthly reduction offer of a £5 loyalty bonus to stay (the carrot) – Excellent when the same package for new customers was £15 cheaper a month!!

I wrote a cancellation and complaint letter to PO Box 333 in Swansea. What a waste of time – Customer Services Director? The only response were letters containing fabrications of the truth and final bill demands by emails and letter. After 8 weeks of having been lied to and being told in a terse letter that Virgin Media were dismissing my complaint – I opened a case with CISAS who found in my favour; awarding costs, a written apology and compensation.

So, congratulations to you Virgin Media - From a simple and easily rectified situation you have now lost the confidence of my family and friends, their family and their friends and family. Those that were with you will now be looking to cancel due to your lack of principle and customer care.

Virgin Media? Nah, Adulterated Media perhaps?

• Reception