Beyond awful

• Reliability

• Extra Features

McFadden264's review of Virgin Media

“Beyond awful ”

Written on: 28/12/2016 by McFadden264 (1 review written)

On the 22nd December 2016, I started to experience strange occurrences with my home phone. I was getting calls in very quick succession with a very,very rapid ring tone and when I picked the phone up, there was not one on the other end. I telephoned Virgin media this same day and got through to an overseas call centre. The person that I spoke to on the 22 December 2016, was very unhelpful and firstly said there was no fault. I tried to explain that there was some sort of cabinet at the entrance to my road. The door to this cabinet had been bent in. Then it was partially removed and the last time I saw it it had been completely removed. I believed very strongly it was connected to the strange calls I was receiving. The person at their call centre fobbed me off with a phone number to ring. I called the company called VM cables on the 22nd December 2016 and left details about that broken box. I was texted a reference number.

Nothing happened. The box was not repaired. No one came out to repair it. The calls to my phone continued. I went onto the virgin media message board and explained how I was not being helped. Again I was told to phone another number to report the broken cabinet. Again I reported it to VM cables on the 27th December 2016. Again I was given another reference number. The calls to my phone continued at all times of the day including the late evening. I telephoned the Virgin media call centre again yesterday. I was kept on hold for a long time at various points before a man in their overseas call centre said to me that he had spoken to a manager and it would be escalated. All of yesterday evening, I have had quick succession phone calls which I have now recorded on my mobile phone. I have taken photos of the broken cabinet. The cabinet not only presents a health and safety risk to young children playing on the road, it is creating a nuisance to me and my own health. I cannot keep my phone plugged in due to the calls and I needed to do so as my elderly mother had been very ill of late and I needed her to be able to contact me in an emergency.

I now have to choose between keeping my phone plugged in and getting faulty calls all hours of the day or night or plugging it out so my mother will not be able to call. I have tweeted the company, phoned them, left messages via Facebook, left messages on their forum board. They are simply uninterested. The cabinet box is exposed. It is causing errant calls to be made to my home phone at midnight, at one in the morning .. at all hours of the day. I have not been able to compel this company to fix their broken cabinet in order for me to be able to use my phone. I just phoned them again - they said they would send a technician in 7 days time by which time I would have had these continuous calls for 14 days.
Having been with this company for over thirteen years, I am leaving. I'd rather pay more money for better service than remain with this company. I have dissuaded my sister and mother from using them. Please I urge anyone considering using them not to. they are beyond awful which is why this website seems to have their rating at just over 1 star.

• Reception