no hidden charges?

• Extra Features

Guest's review of The Phone Co-op Telecoms www.thephone.coop

“no hidden charges?”

Written on: 06/07/2019

Firstly what exactly is ethical broadband? The Phone co op uses the same network as Talk Talk and there is nothing special about that. Fair pricing? well, they are more expensive, slower and have longer contracts than their competitors. No Hidden charges? Here's the rub: after being a Phone Co op customer for 6 years, our line went down. I had to beg them to fix it in a timely manner as they were in no rush. I ended up in tears on the phone to them. The engineer came and fixed a fault at our local green cabinet. 4 months later, sick and tired of interruptions to our internet which the Phone co op would do nothing about, we switched to a different provider who were offering faster more reliable connection, cheaper and in a shorter contract. Two weeks after switching away from the Phone co op they sent me a bill for nearly £155 for this engineer call out charge as they claimed he had failed to log the fault he fixed at the green cabinet and the Phone co op passed this charge onto me. I then had to go through a lengthy and stressful process whereby I had to prove what work the engineer did. No matter what information I provided they were not satisfied.

• Reception