Sneaky excess grabbers, everything for not having to pay

• Customer service

StephBright's review of Argos Pet Insurance www.argos.co.uk

“Sneaky excess grabbers, everything for not having to pay”

Written on: 09/10/2018 by StephBright (2 reviews written)

Do not choose them! Made a huge mistake of selecting Argos Pet Insurance to insure my puppy. Unfortunately had to put a small claim in as she fell ill with a gastroenteritis a couple of month later and I got stung with their sneakily, hidden 'voluntary excess', which put another £50 onto my regular excess.
This was not clearly stated when I took out the policy online, neither on the online form, nor in the policy documents. In fact, I never received this part of that policy, if I had, I would have chosen a different, more competitive insurance. All I received was my Direct Debit document - they're quick to take your cash, and two generic policy documents, one summary and one detailed one and another with instructions how to ring their call centre if my dog fell ill.
Some members of their call centre agents are downright rude and have a tendency to pretend to direct your call to someone more 'senior and knowledgeable', when in fact they just want to cut you off. Thanks for absolutely nothing!

Have you made a claim?