DO NOT Insure Your Senior Pet With This Company!!!

• Customer service

Kassixyz's review of Animal Friends Pet Insurance - www.animalfriends.co.uk

“DO NOT Insure Your Senior Pet With This Company!!!”

Written on: 08/01/2020 by Kassixyz (1 review written)

DO NOT insure "senior dogs" with this company
I have been insuring 2 x dogs both now 10 years old with them for years.
It is fine when the dogs are young but as soon as health problems due to old age arise suddenly you are handing over £90 excess PLUS 20% of each claim per condition.
On top of that if your dog starts with a Lifelong Condition which, during the first months requires a lot of medication, vet visits for reviews plus physio or treatment, if you do not keep up with sending in Continuation Claim Forms in good time (because of all the travelling to and from vets etc) and decide to bulk up all vet fees in a Continuation Form - suddenly that claim form is not allowed because it is over 90 days! So whilst thinking that my dogs vet fees etc are safe - they are not.
I do not mind spending money to make sure my dogs are well cared for but when you pay a lot of money for Premiums, then have to contribute 20% of each claim etc, you would expect every Claim to be accepted and paid.
I am absolutely disgusted with this company but now my dogs are "senior" i.e. 10 years old with lifelong illness eg Canine Arthritis and Dry Eye Syndrom, I am stuck.

Have you made a claim?