these people should be investigated by the police

☆☆☆☆☆
  • Speed of Application

Guest's review of First Plus Loans

“these people should be investigated by the police”

Written on: 02/04/2013

The reasoni say whati have above is because they almost pushed my wife to the point of suicide .Even after them aggreeing not to contact my wife anymore they just carried on sending letters and phoneing her .We took a loan out with them 5 years ago but 2 years into it I lost my job same as thousands of others .The compassion from these people was non existant .The phone calls from these people verged on the threatening .I contacted the financial ombudsman about them as when you phone it says calls are recorded but any of my calls that I complained about only had notes taken on the call which of course were all in there favour so complaining about them didn't work either . paying the loan for 5 years I still owed more than I borrowed .
I have now sold our house to pay them off the hassle we got from these people also split me and my wife up .I am now working to try and get my marrage back together any one reading this review may be thinking of takeing a loan out with these people please don't it will ruin your life and maybe more DON'TDO IT if you have to borrow go somewhere else these people are no better than loansharks.I have had to come back as the star rateing has come up wrong there should be a zero rateing

• the stars below are wrong

Loan Rate

• Speed of Application

Written on: 02/12/2013

I have just read your review on First Plus, I am also in the same position that you were in They told me to cut down on my food bill so they could increase my payments to cover my arrears, the person I spoke to had no sympathy for my problem at all, I think the Goverment should have a full investigation into this Company, I took my Loan out in 2006 and stilll owe the same amount with their terrible interest Rates

Written on: 02/12/2013

I had to sell my house to pay them off .I had paid the loan for 5 years and still paid back more than I actually borrowed if any one else reads this do not take out a loan with this company it is bad for your health and your marriage .

Written on: 04/12/2013

Thanks for your reply I cannot believe this Company is allowed to do this without the Government stepping and investigating their company, they are no better than loan sharks, I have been paying for 7 years and still owe the same as I did when we took out the loan, Has anybody been to citizens Advice regarding their problems with said company if so please let me know answer as that is what I have been told to do.

Written on: 04/12/2013

I did get in touch with the financial ombudsman and did get awarded 200 pounds not much seeing as I had to sell my house at a knock down price to get them off my back there was nothing said about the way me and my wife were treated and the stress we were put under.

Written on: 05/12/2013

Hi that is terrible, so sorry was your loan for a Mortgage, if not why did your Mortgage provider not step in they have First security on your property I am making an appointment with citizens advice to get a decent payment plan that I can afford I am still waiting for new expenditure form to fill in from FP also have to pay for a 6years of Statements to see just how much I have Paid. I will keep intouch.

6686's Comment

Written on: 16/01/2014

Has anyone considered meeting their MP to discuss Barclays First Plus?

Written on: 16/01/2014

I dont know what good MPs could do I know that
Sounds defeatist but if the financial ombudsman can't do anything I dont think an MP will but give it a go and please let me know how you get on.