Absolute horror show.....

Redstevo77's review of Sports Direct www.sportsdirect.com

“Absolute horror show.....”

Written on: 17/09/2020 by Redstevo77 (1 review written)

Absolute horror show..... Do not buy online products from this company - to add further insult the Customer Service team do not understand what customer services is and have a complete disregard for unhappy customers.

I am now on email 28 to Sports Direct who think if they reply to me that then the ticket is resolved!!

Below is a further complaint email sent to SD which hasnt been responded too!!

Here you have one very unhappy customer who is nothing short of appalled by your customer services team.

I am fully aware of the difficulties affecting all companies and industries at this time but my recent purchasing experience has been absolutely unacceptable.

On the 5th Aug 2020 I ordered online and paid fully to include delivery a pair of Nike Mecurial football boots for my Son as a birthday present and also for his first training session on the 15th August.

I received the boots on the 10th Aug 2020 only to find that one of the boots had 3 screw in studs missing and a sondico stud!!

I raised this with your Customer Service department who advised that the boots were out of stock and replacement Studs could not be sent. This was hugely disappointing as they were a present and were required for the 15th. When I questioned Quality Control/Assurance this was ignored.

I was advised that I would need to return the boots (at my expense) for a full refund. When I challenged this I also suggested that I would keep the boots if an appropriate monetary compensation was agreed to for me to replace the studs. This was declined and a measly £5 compensation was offered.

I decided to return the boots and requested a freepost returns label. I received what I thought was a free post returns label however on taking to the post office I had to pay a further £3.20. I obtained a proof of posting. This was on the 18th Aug 2020.

On the 22nd Aug my family and I went on holiday for 10 days returning on 1st Sept and I was horrified to still have no refund on my return. I raised another issue with the Customer Service Department who again requested images of the missing item and proof of postage - this was supplied and no response was received until I chased again. Again a copy of the proof of postage was requested and provided. My support ticket was then closed!!

I emailed again asking for the ticket to be re-opened and requested that this issue was escalated and for a manager to call me back. I was advised that I needed to take up the lost parcel with "My courier"!! Again the ticket was closed.

I again chased the ticket asking for the ticket not to be closed and again requested for a call back from a Senior Manager.

Several further days and chases have now passed and I am at my wits end and about to go to trading standards and the ombudsman.

I politely request an immediate call back to resolve this issue on my mobile number.

I am still almost £60 out of pocket.

The saga continues.....