Groom Room Stevenage - beware

Briggs33's review of Pets at Home www.petsathome.com

“Groom Room Stevenage - beware”

Written on: 17/08/2020 by Briggs33 (1 review written)

Just a warning that my Sheltie ended up upside down in a harness here a number of years ago. He had been left alone for just a short time but ended up wetting and pooing himself, I heard him screeching at the other end of the store. The vets saw him afterwards and he was put on antibiotics. The groomer (senior groomer apparently) really didn't want to take responsibility. He had been in the week before but after nearly 3 hours grooming they decided to stop and asked me to bring him back the next week to finish him off! His back left leg has never been right since, occasionally coming out of its socket. I didn't take it further at the time, but now, years later this original injury has flared up and I'm often having to push his leg back in.

Please be very careful when choosing a groomer. The senior groomer knew that the new groomer would not be able to groom a Sheltie without experience. They still went ahead.

Currently having to deal with a poorly dog who will, no doubt, cost much money to keep well.

I wanted to give it no stars - there was no aftercare although they were totally at fault. Shocking practice.

• Goods purchased & cost